Sunday, August 18, 2019

Cardboard Unicorn Costume
For this one I bought a pdf pattern, which I couldn't download, so I had to eyeball it. Painting was by far the most challenging part. Supplies/Tools: Home Depot XS Moving Boxes, rotary board, utility knife, hot glue gun and sticks, white primer spray paint, acrylic paint, rhinestone stickers, elmers glue and glitter.

To attach the head and tail I cut slits in the box and the neck and slid them into each other. Then small 1x2 inch pieces of cardboard and glued them to the seams to reinforce them.
Spray primer stage.
I used gold glitter for the horn and pink Rhinestones for the cutie mark and to outline the mane and tail. I used opaque glitter on the wings. Really, you just can't use enough sparkles and bedazzlement on a unicorn:)
She was joined by Mario Cart Luigi, Monster Truck and Baby Elephant. Trick or Treating here we come!



No comments:

Post a Comment