Sunday, August 18, 2019

Cardboard Monster Truck Costume
Oh, Man!! I loved this project!! I think my favorite part was the fuzzy eyebrows and roll bar. The wheels gave me some problems, but paper plates solved that. The inspiration for the shape came from here. The idea for the license plate and teeth grill came from here. Supplies/Tools: Rotary board, utility knife, hot glue gun and sticks, 4 paper plates, black fleece (felt would work), fuzzy fabric, straps (you can find these in the ribbon isle at Joann's) white spray primer, acrylic paint, lots and lots of Diet Coke.
It was really important to me that the wheels were firmly attached to the body. If anything was going to fall off I thought it would be them. I stacked and glued cardboard squares together and then glued them to the paper plates, then I attached the tread part of the tire. I did the same thing for the Head lights, but now that I think of it I could have cut the bottom off a plastic cup and glued it on.
I really wanted to put stuff in the bed of the truck and hold it down with a net, but I scratched that.
In this pic you can see how I used 1x2 inch cardboard pieces and glued them into the seams to reinforce them.


The spray primer phase.
I used spray paint for the blue, but DON'T DO THAT! Taping everything was a nightmare. Use acrylic paint and a sponge brush.



We also made Mario Cart Luigi, Pegasus Unicorn, and Baby Elephant. Trick or Treating here we come!!



No comments:

Post a Comment